Source code for Redwood 1., unveiled April 4, is accessible on GitHub. Also regarded as RedwoodJS, the framework leverages capabilities from a number of technologies, including the React, GraphQL, TypeScript, the Jest tests framework, and the Storybook UI element builder.
A Redwood app is a React entrance conclusion speaking with a personalized GraphQL API, with the API applying the Prisma object-relational mapper. By making a large amount of conclusions for the consumer, the opinionated Redwood framework guarantees to free up developers to emphasis on specializing their apps.
Redwood was co-founded by GitHub co-founder Tom Preston-Werner. Jamstack-style advancement is presented for equally serverless and conventional infrastructure. Built-in options in Redwood are supposed to allow more quickly, iterative workflows in which developers capture bugs earlier and extra typically, deploy far more immediately, and scale growth when prepared.
Redwood 1. attributes contain:
- Opinionated defaults for formatting, file firm, Webpack, and Babel.
- Routing with dynamic parameters, customized styles, and named route functions.
- Computerized page-dependent code-splitting.
- Cells that give a declarative way to fetch information from the back-close API.
- Generators for webpages, layouts, cells, SDL, and providers.
- Sorts with customer-aspect or server-side validation and error-dealing with.
- Incredibly hot-reloading.
- Database (GraphQL back again conclusion) and details migrations.
Copyright © 2022 IDG Communications, Inc.