If we can help ourselves to track our fitness, then we would take great strides when it comes to personal well-being and health. That’s what Apple Watch has done in the last decade. With all the iterations, Apple has managed to create an ecosystem where they have created apps and features which could connect your physical activity and creates dynamic report and data which lets you get helpful information.
In this article, we will see how important Apple Watch Fitness is and then see how you can change your fitness goals in the Fitness app which in turn would update the goals in the Apple Watch as well.
Fitness in Apple Watch
Apple Watch has 19 unique workouts that you can enable and use for the type of activity that you use. The activities are:
- Stair Stepper
- Functional Strength Training
- Core Training
- Tai Chi
See Also: How to set Apple Watch Move Goals?
In addition to these workouts, you could also share your workouts with friends and see their activity which in turn lets you motivate yourself and your friends. The trends feature gives you extensive information as to how you have performed in the past and how it has to improve in the future as well.
How to Change Stand Goal?
In this section, we will see how to change the Stand goal on your Apple Watch and your Apple Fitness in general. We are using iOS 16 screenshots in this tutorial. So, by any chance, if you are using a previous version, it shouldn’t be that difficult to follow because the UI hasn’t changed that much.
See Also: How to turn off Green light in Apple watch
- First things first, Open the Fitness App on your iPhone either from the home screen or by searching the spotlight. In case you don’t have iOS 16 yet, then you need to open the Activity app.
- As soon as you open the app you will find the summary of your current day’s Activity. As you can see, my fitness today hasn’t been that great. But let’s move on from that. Tap on the summary to reveal details.
- On the details page, you will find a detailed stat of the activity summary. On that page, scroll down until you find Change Goals and select that particular option. Please ensure to make sure that you have selected the summary of today.
- First, change the Move Goal and update it. Next page you will see Stand Goal. Here you can change how many hours during the day you want to stand at least for a minute.
- Once you have increased or decreased the hours per day and then select Change Stand Goal.
See Also: How to use Fall Detection in Apple Watch?
Now, you have updated the stand goal in your Apple Watch. This means from the next you need to stand more than today to reach your fitness goals. This can become annoying if your goals are a little unrealistic. You can change it back anytime you want but I’d say if you happen to choose a goal, better stick with it.
So, in summation, the Apple Watch is a great tool to ensure that you get a grip on your personal fitness and have a device that takes a big interest in keeping hold of the data and the subsequent reporting and trends to you. I would highly suggest you get yourself an Apple Watch and it would definitely improve your personal fitness and well-being.
See Also: Top 10 Apple Watch Apps
Is this something that you are interested in somehow? What do you guys think about Apple Fitness? Do let us know in the comments below.