General Motors partnered with Lockheed Martin to develop a lunar rover, but now, the two companies are deepening their partnership by committing to an entire line of moon vehicles. This time, the vehicles won’t be exclusive to NASA, but will be also offered to commercial space companies, such as SpaceX and Blue Origin.
The two companies aim to have at least one of these lunar vehicles ready for astronauts by 2025. To help accelerate the development process, GM is utilizing an advanced “driver-in-the-loop” simulator where engineers create a virtual lunar surface environment that measures one square kilometer. This simulated moon is complete with craters, rocks and lunar physics, while drivers are strapped into the simulation drive at one-sixth of earth’s gravity. It may just launch on ICON’s 3D-printed rocket pad.
LEGO Creator Expert NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander 10266 Building Kit (1,087 Pieces)
- Developed in cooperation with NASA to mark the 50th anniversary of man’s historic walk on the moon, this highly detailed collectible LEGO replica of the iconic Apollo 11 Eagle Lunar Lander is a spectacular display model
- It’s packed with amazing details, including detachable ascent and descent stages, a lunar surface display base and 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA-detailed spacesuits
- The LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander makes an impressive display for home or office
- The advanced LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander model is a challenging and rewarding LEGO building set that makes a great gift for space and NASA fans, and for kids ages 16+
- The LEGO Creator Expert NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander measures over 7” (20 cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep
I’ve worked on many space programs in the past, but this isn’t just another space mission. It’s the return to, and permanent habitation of the Moon. It’s not just cool or interesting –it’s historical. It’s a major milestone in human activity in space. This is the stuff you dream about as a kid in science class. People want to be part of this,” said Jeff Ryder, vice president, Growth & Strategy at GM Defense.
Anti-Spyware Software – Valuable Identity Theft Protection Tools
Computer Registry Cleaner Reviews
Online Norton Support